I like to find art and write poems and read magazines and listen to my iPod and daydream and walk my neighbor's dog - that one's my favorite

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I started my new job this week at Planet Sub - yep, I'm a delivery driver, bitches! It's pretty much the best job ever because a) I only work 3 hours at a time b) I make bomb tips, yo! and c) MY MANAGER IS A GOD OF HOTNESS. He didn't even interview me he was just like, "can you drive, do you have a criminal record?" So I didn't tell him about my MIP, give me a fuckin break. Speaking of criminal offenses, I parked illegally because I'm a delivery driver now and that's what we do, and I was parked outside the store in this random driveway thing that was completely non-functional because it led to the windows of Buffalo Wild Wings, I think. Yeah, I got a $10 ticket for being parked there, and then I got a $100 ticket for expired plates. THEY EXPIRED IN FEBRUARY. I'm so pissed that the steam rising out of my ears has not only collected into a group of thunder clouds that are now ravishing my apartment and ruining my frickin carpet that was shitty even before I moved in, but I called my mom to bitch about it and she told me this illuminating story about how, when she'd first moved to Nebraska from Minnesota, she had expired plates and didn't pay the ticket, and the cops waited for her outside her apartment one day and took her to fuckin jail. She was so charming, though, that the cop didn't even put her in the holding cell, her friend was coming to bail her out, anyway. Yeah, pretty fucked up. I'm not as nice as my mom, and I feel like they would DEFINITELY hold me for another however many days just to curb my attitude. I'm a total bitch, so sue me.
Anyway, I thought I'd post some lame shit that everyone already knows about but might not, and if they don't they're missing out. First, bunny suicides, OBSERVE:These are only a few of the many creative suicides of many depressed bunnies. http://www.retrocomputing.net/racconti/umor/coniglio/pandora.beptuui.html
http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/Bunny_Suicide_Comic_Pics_226_2007.php
--Just a couple Bunny Suicide links.

Next on the list is Toothpaste for Dinner.com, which I only know about because Katie's RA in the dorms printed off like a billion of these comics and taped them by the bathroom door. It was really cool -- Katie had the nifty idea of making magnets out of them, which never happened but was still a good idea. SAMPLES:
Okay, this will be the last thing, I promise (I also promise hot guy pictures next time -- yeah, it'll fuckin rock). this last thing is a project I had to do for art history class recently about this architect, Sullivan, who actually did some really unique shit, take a look!



These first three are actually the same building, the Carson, Pirie, Scott and Co. building in Chicago. The first picture is the ironwork above the front doors. Sullivan's trademark was making iron look really organic and light and feminine, which isn't usually what you associate iron with. These last couple are from a church he designed - they're pretty neat lookin:


Click here to go to the site I got these from (if you're interested). It's actually a site that's run by the city of Chicago Planning, or some shit, and you can like, take a tour of the buildings that are made by certain architects. You should really fool around with the site if you're interested in architecture because it has some rad shit.

P.S. Check out my links under "Internet Adventures," most of them are other blogs I've randomly come across on blogspot that are either hilarious or really profound, or an interesting combination of both. Stay sexy!

No comments:

What cereal box character would you most want to be for Halloween?

Daffodils Grow where the Fun People Go

My photo
The thing about blogging is that it has now become the new tool by which the world is changed. Politics, fashion, art, television – you name it, we got it. It's not just the Internet anymore: it's YOUR Internet, it's OUR Internet. You can put your whole life online, and people will actually look at it, read it, feel it as if they almost knew you. Maybe that article you uploaded just for fun and because you thought it was cool will be discovered by a magazine editor who happens to be a blog junkie, or maybe that geeky little film you made at film camp will be watched by Wes Anderson – and even if he doesn't call you up and “discover you,” it's still really cool that he saw your video. When thinking about the Internet, I think of the ocean (and this metaphor is purely because I live in the Midwest): It's always there, it affects the weather, it affects the moon, it affects our lives even in Nebraska. Same with the Internet. It's there, it just affects different things.And you can't just yank out a big plug and BOOM, there goes the Internet. So this is my contribution to the huge ocean of Internet, the gigantic voice that we can all use.